Welcome to 50_lovequotes! By now, everyone should be familiar with these sort of communities, eh? :D
We're a low-pressure, friendly community for aspiring writers and artists who wish to develop their skills further through the use of our themes. All fandoms are welcomed, as well as any romantic inclination, whether it be het, slash, or incest. No one's here to judge! Feel free to join just to read and view works, but don't be afraid to participate!
Just like 30_kisses, 30_romances, and other various communities, 50_lovequotes has its own unique twist that sets it aside; everyone knows those gushy romantic sayings we hear on television, see in books, recieve in stupid forwards. This community has gathered a rather large, assorted collection of these quotes and sayings for use as themes, and your part as the creator is simple; convey the theme in your work. In fic, you can use it as dialogue, or have it as a general underlying theme. In art, you can include the direct quote in the picture, or just portray what you think it means.
No obligatory kiss or hug here. :D Just make sure to get the meaning of each quote across as best you can. And since this is a love quotes community, romance is an underlying must, of course.
-Each potential creator can claim up to two couples at any given time. They do need to be from different fandoms, though. It's no fair snatching up all of a fandom's pairings for yourself. :D They are yours for the duration of the challenge, and are only put back up for grabs if A, you finish your challenge, B, you willingly give it up, or C, you are inactive for over a four month period without any sort of explanation.
-When requesting a couple, please leave a comment in THIS POST. Please plainly state what fandom the couple is from, and their FULL names. Make a new comment for each new couple you wish to claim.
-When finished, or having decided you don't want the couple anymore, please leave a comment in THIS POST, stating the same information as the request post. That way, we can free your couple up for someone else to use. :D Easy!
-There's no obligation to do all of the themes in order. Complete them when you find the inspiration!
-Remember to either physically include the quote/theme or have it as a general idea for the story. Of course, you can interpret the quote however you want.
-When you post, please use this format. (This format was borrowed from 30_kisses, whose organation with the information was too good to ignore. :D)
Subject Line -
Title (fandom, pairing, challenge #) For example, the subject line for an entry to challenge #17 could be: A Loss Of Love (Yu Yu Hakusho, Yusuke/Keiko, #17).
For your actual post...
Header: Title: Author/Artist: Pairing: Fandom: Rating: Theme: (include the # and the theme) Disclaimer:
Every piece of work, no matter how short or long, needs to be placed under a LJ-cut.
And now, for the good stuff. :D
1. I would go anywhere to get to you, so why is it that all you have to do is smile to get to me?
2. Kisses are like tears. The only ones that are real are the ones you can't hold back.
3. It's funny how someone can live each and every day without knowing that their existence is the reason you live.
4. A little jealousy in a relationship is healthy. It's nice to know that someone is afraid to lose you.
5. Find someone who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.
6. A dream is just a dream until you make it come true.
7. You are everything I never knew I always wanted.
8. I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
9. You can't stay mad at someone who makes you laugh.
10. I look at them, and they look back with those incredible eyes, smile, and it pathetically makes my entire day.
11. I don't love you because I need you; I need you because I love you.
12. Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to.
13. I think the worst thing about life would be having to go through it without you.
14. Never say sorry for what you meant to do.
15. Some things are worth waiting for...even if you have to wait forever.
16. For some moments in life, there are no words.
17. All I want is for someone to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay.
18. Someone asked me what I saw in you, and my only answer was everything.
19. Sometimes, you need to run away to see who will follow.
20. Goodbyes make you realize what you've gained, what you've felt, and what you've taken for granted.
21. I never knew I had a dream until that dream was you.
22. People wish upon stars because one day, they hope that those wishes will come true.
23. We're so weird. That's what I like about us, actually.
24. Being deeply loved gives you strength; deeply loving someone gives you courage.
25. To fear love is to fear life.
26. Kiss; a lovely trick designed by nature for when words become unnecessary.
27. It's not that I want to have you. I want to deserve you.
28. No three words have a greater power than "I love you".
29. Nothing is more beautiful than a love that has survived the weathered journey of life.
30. Love is when you would willingly give up everything if it meant they would smile.
31. You have to walk carefully at the beginning of love. The running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later, when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
32. Love knows not its own depths until the hour of seperation.
33. Right now, I can't remember yesterday, and I don't care about tomorrow. This moment is all that matters.
34. When you love someone, it's something. When someone loves you, it's another thing. When you love the person who loves you back, it's everything.
35.Love is, in fact, everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
36. Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
37. I know it's hopeless when you're my answer to every question.
38. You don't need me or anyone else to make you special; you already are.
39. I can't promise you the world. I can't promise you wealth, comfort, or even happiness. But I can promise you one thing...no matter what happens, you will always be loved.
40. Hello is such a simple word. But from the right person, it can mean everything.
41. Never be afraid to touch someone.
42. Be careful with your heart. If you give it away, you may never get it back.
43. Sometimes someone can say something so small and meaningful that it manages to fit right into that empty space in your heart.
44. Tears are words the heart cannot say.
45. A promise is all I want. A promise that you will never forget me.
46. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you was completly out of my control.
47. I never want another person to know just how incredible you are.
48. Don't say we aren't right for each other. The way I see it, we aren't right for anyone else.
49. It's not what I feel for you. It's what I don't feel for anyone but you.